Mercuria Energy Group Acquires Strategic Coal Concession in Indonesia
Mercuria Energy Group Ltd. announces today the acquisition of a coal concession in South East Kalimantan. The purchase of this brown fields operation represents a strategic investment by Mercuria to create an additional growth platform for its coal trading activities.
The concession covers an area of 6000 hectares in SE Kalimantan, of which 2500 hectares are currently being exploited. First geological due diligence promises exceptional further development in terms of resources available but not yet extracted.
"The acquisition of this existing facility continues the build out of Mercuria's international coal strategy. It will bring investment to the Indonesian and regional markets and further strengthen Mercuria's coal trading capability for its global client base."
Quote: Paul Chivers, Mercuria Chief Investment officer
The concession is strategically equipped with a haul road and a barge loading facility. These amenities will ensure fast and efficient coal transportation in the region and abroad. Current plans are to develop this operation into a 2 million ton per annum exporter of its own good quality bituminous coal.
“Mercuria Energy Group has again shown its commitment to invest and further develop its energy and coal strategy in Asia by successfully acquiring its first Indonesian coal facility. This investment will consolidate its existing trading and logistics platform and strengthen its ability to create value.”
Quote: Geoff Kelly, Mercuria, Global Head of Coal Assets
About Mercuria Energy Group Ltd.
Mercuria is a privately-owned international group of companies active over a wide spectrum of global energy markets including crude oil and refined petroleum products, natural gas (including LNG), power, coal, biodiesel, vegetable oils and carbon emissions. It is one of the world's five largest independent energy traders and has a longstanding sector expertise. Mercuria’s worldwide operations are carried out from 28 offices across five continents.
Patrick Prendergast, Communications Director.
Paul Chivers, Chief Investment Officer.
Guillaume Vermersch, Chief Financial Officer.
- Mercuria worked with two key financing partners, ING & SMBC, on Pin Oak Terminals financing project in U.S.25.04.2017
- Compelling results for blockchain oil-trade test ING, Société Générale, and Mercuria22.02.2017
- TRANSGLOBE ENERGY CORPORATION announces execution of prepayment agreement and marketing contract10.02.2017
- Pin Oak Holdings announces it has closed on a $100 million equity investment led by Dauphine Midstream and Mercuria Energy05.12.2016
- Mercuria Exports U.S. Energy to New Markets26.09.2016
- Mercuria Energy Trading SA successfully closed a USD 2.2 Billion Multi-Currency Revolving Credit Facility10.06.2016
- Mercuria to provide direct and sponsored access liquidity to Nasdaq Commodities European Power and Gas Markets11.05.2016
- Mercuria Energy Acquires Rocky Mountain Crude Business Unit from Enterprise Crude Oil LLC17.02.2016
- Mercuria welcomes Strategic Investment by ChemChina18.01.2016
- Minerva Bunkers starts physical supply operations offshore West Africa07.01.2016
- Mercuria Announces Strategic Investment from China Materials Storage and Transportation Development (CMSTD) to Expand Henry Bath Warehousing Business05.01.2016
- Mercuria Signs Asia USD 1.1 billion Revolving Credit Facilities 19.11.2015
- Mercuria Energy Group Ltd Announces Exclusive Agreement with Forte Oil Plc09.10.2015
- Mercuria Energy Closes Multicurrency Revolving Credit Facilities at USD 2.5 Billion22.06.2015
- Mercuria trades the first lots of German base load on CME Europe18.06.2015
- CITI fails in China metals claim against MERCURIA22.05.2015
- Mercuria Announces Expansion to Minerva Maritime Fuel Business12.03.2015
- Mercuria Hires More Than 40 Marine Fuel Specialists from OW Bunker15.12.2014
- Mercuria Signs Asia $1.0 Billion USD Revolving Credit Facilities18.11.2014
- Mercuria Closes Acquisition of J.P. Morgan Chase Physical Commodities Business03.10.2014
- Mercuria Announces U.K. Financial Conduct Authority Authorization22.09.2014
- Mercuria forms partnership with Pemex08.08.2014
- MERCURIA ENERGY TRADING SA successfully renewed and increased a USD 2.65 BILLION Multi-Currency Revolving Credit Facility26.06.2014
- Mercuria Announces Acquisition of J.P. Morgan Physical Commodities Business19.03.2014
- Mercuria Signs its Asian USD 1.0 Billion Revolving Credit Facilities28.11.2013
- Mercuria CFO's interview with EuroTreasurer - "We Have Seen a Flight to Quality"29.10.2013
- Mercuria CFO im FINANCE MAGAZINE - Interview09.10.2013
- Mercuria Invests $50m in Amromco Energy24.09.2013
- Mercuria successfully raises USD 1,800,000,000 Revolving Credit Facility02.07.2013
- Success of the Second FT Global Commodities Summit29.04.2013
- Mercuria Interview with Le Temps27.04.2013
- Mercuria Participates in a Pioneer CDM Project in West Africa26.03.2013
- Mercuria Partners with KW Express to Construct Crude by Rail Project in Houston22.02.2013
- FT Global Commodities Summit 201320.11.2012
- Announcement of New Senior Executive01.11.2012
- Mercuria Announces a New USD 700,000,000 Uncommitted Secured Borrowing Base Financing30.10.2012
- Mercuria Advances Asian Hard Commodities Strategy18.10.2012
- Mercuria and Sinopec Kantos Establish a New International Partnership in Liquid Bulk Storage15.10.2012
- Mercuria Strengthens its Growing Presence in China 18.07.2012
- Mercuria Grows its Global Metals Trading Business17.07.2012
- Mercuria Energy Successfully Raises USD 1,700,000,000 and EUR 145,000,00001.06.2012
- Mercuria Advances into Global Metals Markets03.05.2012
- Certified Emission Reductions: Mercuria Participated in Record Transaction19.04.2012
- Mercuria sponsors the first Financial Times Global Commodities Summit15.03.2012
- Mercuria interview with Reuters01.02.2012
- Mercuria Sponsors the First Financial Times Global Commodities Summit16.01.2012
- Mercuria Energy Group Ltd Signs a USD 755 Million Syndicated Revolving Credit Facility in Asia07.12.2011
- Mercuria US Coal Financing and Investment06.10.2011
- Formation of a Joint Venture by Mercuria and Datang24.08.2011
- Mercuria Energy Group, Anchor Investor in IFC's Now Active Carbon Credit Fund03.06.2011
- Mercuria to Participate in IFC's Carbon Credit Fund02.02.2011
- Mercuria Signs a USD 500 Million Syndicated Revolving Credit Facility in Asia15.12.2010
- Mercuria Energy Group Acquires Strategic Coal Concession in Indonesia16.11.2010
- Mercuria Energy Group Makes Strategic Carbon Business Acquisition03.11.2010
- Mercuria Enters Into a Strategic Coal Marketing Alliance with Optimum Coal of South Africa03.11.2010
- Strong Demand Leads Mercuria Energy Trading to Increase its New Revolving Credit Facility to USD 1,250,000,00014.06.2010
- Mercuria's Dutch Affiliate Laid The Foundation Stone For Vesta Biofuels Amsterdam05.03.2010
- Mercuria Seeks Oil Tanks, Coal Mines in US Drive03.03.2010
- ECT Arbitration Mercuria Energy Group LTD V. The Republic of Poland: The Arbitral Tribunal Confirms That It Has Jurisdiction26.01.2010