Dams and Romain Grosjean Start the Holiday Break on a High Note!
The DAMS team leader will be able to enjoy his holidays after another podium finish in Hungary. Romain now has a 25-point lead over Giedo van der Garde, his main rival for the championship title.
The final race before the summer break had its fair share of surprises and upsets due to the weather conditions. It began on a wet track, which then dried, before the rain started to fall again. The order at the front changed constantly, and Grosjean fought his way up to third place with a couple of tyre changes. He also set the fastest lap in a race in which victory went to Stefano Coletti. As he finished in front of his main rivals, the Frenchman has increased his lead in the championship.
Pal Varhaug made a great start to the race, and lying seventh in front of Sam Bird at one moment, until he was caught out by the rain when he was on slicks and had to retire.
Loïc David: "It was a great finish to a very successful weekend. The team again did a great job during the pit stops and Romain also drove a well-judged race. Like yesterday, congratulations to DAMS in AutoGP for Afanassiev's second place."
Romain Grosjean: p3
"The race was a bit crazy but I've come out it fairly well with a podium finish. My thanks to the team who did a great job in this race as has been the case all season. We'll have to continue in the same vein when we come back from holidays."
Pal Varhaug: retired
"A pity. I made a good start and pulled back several places. Then it started to rain again. I was on slicks and I slid off. I hope to do better in the second part of the season."
Next races at Spa-Francorchamps (Belgium) on 27-28 August 2011.
- Mercuria Brings American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions04.06.2018
- Mercuria and Employees Support Efforts of Grassroots Soccer23.05.2018
- Mercuria Employees Support Local Students17.05.2018
- Mercuria and Employees Support Efforts of buildOn12.12.2017
- Mercuria on the Swiss Responsible Business Initiative counter-proposal23.11.2017
- Graduates from Mercuria's Apprenticeship Program Join President Trump to Announce Workforce Development Initiative16.06.2017
- Mercuria Brings First American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions01.06.2017
- Mercuria Energy Marks 10 Years of Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival 04.11.2016
- Mercuria Signs Agreement with U.S. Department of Labor to Formalize American Apprenticeship Program20.06.2016
- Governor Abbott Announces Texas Apprenticeship Program01.02.2016
- Mercuria Energy Celebrates 2015 Beijing International Music Festival19.10.2015
- Mercuria to Bring Swiss-Style Apprenticeships to the United States28.07.2015
- Mercuria Wins Commodity Deal of the Year 2014 for JP Morgan Physical Commodities Acquisition09.12.2014
- Mercuria brings its support to fight Ebola in Senegal28.10.2014
- Mercuria Marks 8th Year Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival10.10.2014
- Executives meet with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang23.09.2014
- IUCN workshop in Botswana: Focus on Biodiversity01.03.2012
- "Legacy of China" on China Central TV Channel 408.02.2012
- Dams and Grosjean Finish The Season On a High Note With a Tenth Podium!12.09.2011
- Roman Grosjean Champion with Dams!27.08.2011
- Dams and Romain Grosjean Start the Holiday Break on a High Note!02.08.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Make The Break!25.07.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Dominate!20.07.2011
- GP2 Main Series 2011 - Valencia, Race 227.06.2011
- Fantastic Fight Back by Romain Grosjean and Dams28.05.2011
- Dams and Grosjean finish the season on a high note with a tenth podium!20.03.2011
- Gala Dinner in Beijing Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations Between China and Switzerland14.08.2010