GP2 Main Series 2011 - Valencia, Race 2
Saturday and Sunday were like chalk and cheese for Romain Grosjean. Although he did not complete lap 1 of the second race, he is still in the lead in the championship.
After his brilliant win yesterday, Grosjean started today’s race in eighth place. In corner 2 he found himself sandwiched between two cars and was unable to avoid contact. Two corners further on he spun due to a mechanical problem and that was the end of his day.
On the other hand, Pal Varhaug had a very different race to DAMS’s delight. He was twenty-first on the grid and fought his way up to tenth place pulling off some audacious passing manoeuvres in the process.
Loïc David: “For Romain today was a sharp contrast to yesterday as his race finished on lap one. The contact in corner two was not the cause as he was caught in a sandwich. It was after another contact in corner four that he spun in the following one due to a suspension breakage. So no points today but we’re still in the championship lead. Although Pal started from twenty-first place he was able to nurse his tyres, and he put on a stunning finish passing several rivals in the process to see the flag in tenth place.”
Romain Grosjean: retired
“What a frustrating race! The start went off alright and then the drivers just in front squeezed me and there was nothing I could do. In corners four/five a mechanical component broke after a driver tagged me from behind at the entry to corner four. We’re really going to have to make a success of our second races despite the principle of the reserved grid.”
Pal Varhaug: 10th place
“It’s a pity I started from so far back. I nursed my tyres in the opening laps and that was a big help in the last ten. I overtook six cars, which shows how much I’ve progressed. I have to score points in the next event. Roll on Silverstone!”
Next round at Silverstone in Great Britain on 9th-10th July 2011.
- Graduates from Mercuria's Apprenticeship Program Join President Trump to Announce Workforce Development Initiative16.06.2017
- Mercuria Brings First American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions01.06.2017
- Mercuria Energy Marks 10 Years of Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival 04.11.2016
- Mercuria Signs Agreement with U.S. Department of Labor to Formalize American Apprenticeship Program20.06.2016
- Governor Abbott Announces Texas Apprenticeship Program01.02.2016
- Mercuria Energy Celebrates 2015 Beijing International Music Festival19.10.2015
- Mercuria to Bring Swiss-Style Apprenticeships to the United States28.07.2015
- Mercuria Wins Commodity Deal of the Year 2014 for JP Morgan Physical Commodities Acquisition09.12.2014
- Mercuria brings its support to fight Ebola in Senegal28.10.2014
- Mercuria Marks 8th Year Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival10.10.2014
- Executives meet with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang23.09.2014
- IUCN workshop in Botswana: Focus on Biodiversity01.03.2012
- "Legacy of China" on China Central TV Channel 408.02.2012
- Dams and Grosjean Finish The Season On a High Note With a Tenth Podium!12.09.2011
- Roman Grosjean Champion with Dams!27.08.2011
- Dams and Romain Grosjean Start the Holiday Break on a High Note!02.08.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Make The Break!25.07.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Dominate!20.07.2011
- GP2 Main Series 2011 - Valencia, Race 227.06.2011
- Fantastic Fight Back by Romain Grosjean and Dams28.05.2011
- Dams and Grosjean finish the season on a high note with a tenth podium!20.03.2011
- Gala Dinner in Beijing Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations Between China and Switzerland14.08.2010