Graduates from Mercuria's Apprenticeship Program Join President Trump to Announce Workforce Development Initiative
WASHINGTON - Graduates from Mercuria Energy's apprenticeship program today joined President Donald J. Trump at the White House to highlight workforce development in the United States. The President discussed plans to combat the skills gap in America's labor force. Mercuria's apprenticeship program specifically builds competencies for prospective professionals in the highly competitive energy and commodities trading sectors.
"We are committed to expanding necessary skillsets to sectors of the American economy that need it most," said Daniel Jaeggi, President of Mercuria. "We have created an apprenticeship program to help us develop a team with the abilities we need to succeed. With today's announcement, we are committed to expanding our program in the United States."
Both apprenticeship alumni, Chris Inlow and Chris Pritchard, are university graduates and military veterans. At Mercuria, they participated in an intensive one-year on-the job development training in the operations department in Houston as part of the Mercuria's apprenticeship program.
Chris Inlow has accepted the position of operations assistant. Chris graduated from University of Missouri-Kansas City with a degree in political science and has a graduate degree from St. Leo University with a master of business administration (MBA). Chris Inlow served active duty in the U.S. Navy from April 2011 to April 2015.
Chris Pritchard has accepted the position of trade support officer. Chris graduated from the University of Houston with a bachelor of business administration in finance with a focus in global energy management. He currently serves in the Texas Air National Guard.
After its purchase of the commodities businesses of J.P. Morgan Chase and Co, Mercuria found a lack of training programs in the United States to bring many, including college graduates and veterans, into the high-wage profession of commodities trading. Mercuria worked extensively with authorities in the United States and Switzerland to create an apprenticeship program in the America, which was modeled on its historic Swiss concept. More than 30 Swiss companies are now involved in bringing and expanding their model of apprenticeship to their U.S. facilities. Mercuria is a proud partner of the program.
- Mercuria Energy Participates in Houston Veterans Job Fair08.08.2019
- Mercuria Joins U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross and Advisor to the President Ivanka Trump in Workforce Development Pledge13.06.2019
- Mercuria Named New Silk Road CEO of the Year for Energy Trading 25.09.2018
- Mercuria Brings American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions04.06.2018
- Mercuria and Employees Support Efforts of Grassroots Soccer23.05.2018
- Mercuria Employees Support Local Students17.05.2018
- Mercuria and Employees Support Efforts of buildOn12.12.2017
- Mercuria on the Swiss Responsible Business Initiative counter-proposal23.11.2017
- Graduates from Mercuria's Apprenticeship Program Join President Trump to Announce Workforce Development Initiative16.06.2017
- Mercuria Brings First American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions01.06.2017
- Mercuria Energy Marks 10 Years of Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival 04.11.2016
- Mercuria Signs Agreement with U.S. Department of Labor to Formalize American Apprenticeship Program20.06.2016
- Governor Abbott Announces Texas Apprenticeship Program01.02.2016
- Mercuria Energy Celebrates 2015 Beijing International Music Festival19.10.2015
- Mercuria to Bring Swiss-Style Apprenticeships to the United States28.07.2015
- Mercuria Wins Commodity Deal of the Year 2014 for JP Morgan Physical Commodities Acquisition09.12.2014
- Mercuria brings its support to fight Ebola in Senegal28.10.2014
- Mercuria Marks 8th Year Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival10.10.2014
- Executives meet with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang23.09.2014
- IUCN workshop in Botswana: Focus on Biodiversity01.03.2012
- "Legacy of China" on China Central TV Channel 408.02.2012
- Dams and Grosjean Finish The Season On a High Note With a Tenth Podium!12.09.2011
- Roman Grosjean Champion with Dams!27.08.2011
- Dams and Romain Grosjean Start the Holiday Break on a High Note!02.08.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Make The Break!25.07.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Dominate!20.07.2011
- GP2 Main Series 2011 - Valencia, Race 227.06.2011
- Fantastic Fight Back by Romain Grosjean and Dams28.05.2011
- Dams and Grosjean finish the season on a high note with a tenth podium!20.03.2011
- Gala Dinner in Beijing Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations Between China and Switzerland14.08.2010