Mercuria to Bring Swiss-Style Apprenticeships to the United States
GENEVA, 28 July 2015 – Mercuria Energy, one of the world’s largest independent integrated energy and commodities groups, today hosted Suzan G. LeVine, United States Ambassador to the Swiss Confederation and the Principality of Liechtenstein, at its trading hub. Executives and the Ambassador discussed ways to build skill sets and expand apprenticeship opportunities at Mercuria’s operations in the United States.
“Mercuria is talent driven. We are growing rapidly in the U.S. and around the world. Trainees develop needed talent when they work alongside recognized leaders in their field, fulfilling the vital needs of the company,” said Marco Dunand, CEO, Mercuria Energy. “Apprentices learn the skills and competencies essential for building a successful career in worldwide commodities while growing and contributing to the local and global economy.”
In Switzerland, Mercuria was instrumental in developing trainee positions for students who have been accepted to study in the master’s program by the University of Geneva. The Master of Arts in International Trading, Commodity Finance and Shipping is an academic course run by the University of Geneva in collaboration with the Swiss Trading and Shipping Association (STSA).
The company’s commitment in the United States coincides with the signing of an agreement between the U.S. and Switzerland, providing a framework for the two countries to cooperate in such areas as work-based training, curriculum development, credential recognition, pathways to career development and the expansion of programs into new industry sectors.
The Joint Declaration of Intent is between the Federal Department of Economic Affairs, Education and Research of the Swiss Confederation and the Departments of Commerce, Education, and Labor of the United States of America. U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker and Swiss Vice President and Federal Councillor Johann Schneider-Ammann, head of the Swiss Federal Department of Economic Affairs, Education and Research, signed the Joint Declaration of Intent at the U.S. Commerce Department in Washington D.C in early July.
“Building skillsets with local talent has always been a key tenet of Mercuria’s business model,” said Daniel Jaeggi, president of Mercuria Energy. “Our success is built on the skill set, experience and anticipation of entrepreneurs and leaders in their field. People are the basic capital of our company.”
- Graduates from Mercuria's Apprenticeship Program Join President Trump to Announce Workforce Development Initiative16.06.2017
- Mercuria Brings First American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions01.06.2017
- Mercuria Energy Marks 10 Years of Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival 04.11.2016
- Mercuria Signs Agreement with U.S. Department of Labor to Formalize American Apprenticeship Program20.06.2016
- Governor Abbott Announces Texas Apprenticeship Program01.02.2016
- Mercuria Energy Celebrates 2015 Beijing International Music Festival19.10.2015
- Mercuria to Bring Swiss-Style Apprenticeships to the United States28.07.2015
- Mercuria Wins Commodity Deal of the Year 2014 for JP Morgan Physical Commodities Acquisition09.12.2014
- Mercuria brings its support to fight Ebola in Senegal28.10.2014
- Mercuria Marks 8th Year Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival10.10.2014
- Executives meet with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang23.09.2014
- IUCN workshop in Botswana: Focus on Biodiversity01.03.2012
- "Legacy of China" on China Central TV Channel 408.02.2012
- Dams and Grosjean Finish The Season On a High Note With a Tenth Podium!12.09.2011
- Roman Grosjean Champion with Dams!27.08.2011
- Dams and Romain Grosjean Start the Holiday Break on a High Note!02.08.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Make The Break!25.07.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Dominate!20.07.2011
- GP2 Main Series 2011 - Valencia, Race 227.06.2011
- Fantastic Fight Back by Romain Grosjean and Dams28.05.2011
- Dams and Grosjean finish the season on a high note with a tenth podium!20.03.2011
- Gala Dinner in Beijing Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations Between China and Switzerland14.08.2010