Mercuria Brings American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions
Mercuria Energy, one of the world’s largest independent integrated energy and commodities groups, today celebrated the completion of the group of American apprentices from the Mercuria Energy Apprenticeship Program and awarded them fulltime positions.
“Mercuria is pleased to welcome these new apprentices into our full-time operations,” said Daniel Jaeggi, Mercuria’s president “The apprenticeship program fosters necessary skillsets and create the next generation of Mercuria’s global team to drive our business in the United States and around the world.”
The Apprenticeship Program integrates European-style business into the heart of the American commodities business. It transcends borders, giving people the opportunity to reach the most competitive level of the commodities trading world.
In June 2016, Mercuria Energy signed an agreement with the U.S. Department of Labor to certify an apprenticeship program.
Mercuria worked extensively with authorities in the United States and Switzerland to create an apprenticeship program in the U.S. modeled on the historic Swiss concept.
In June 2017, the first graduates from our program joined President Donald J. Trump and Labor Secretary Acosta at the White House to highlight the importance of workforce development in the United States. At the event, the President discussed plans to combat the skills gap in America’s labor force.
The apprentices, both veterans, were also given the opportunity to brief Secretary Acosta on their experience and how it enabled them to find meaningful employment in a growing sector after they had served their country.
Upon their graduation, both apprentices were offered full-time positions with Mercuria.
Mercuria is pleased to say that our group of apprentices graduated 31 May, and moved to full-time roles as of 1 June.
Mercuria is in the process of recruitment for new apprentices. The new recruits will fill roles in Crude Operations, Accounting, and IT.
- Mercuria Named New Silk Road CEO of the Year for Energy Trading 25.09.2018
- Mercuria Brings American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions04.06.2018
- Mercuria and Employees Support Efforts of Grassroots Soccer23.05.2018
- Mercuria Employees Support Local Students17.05.2018
- Mercuria and Employees Support Efforts of buildOn12.12.2017
- Mercuria on the Swiss Responsible Business Initiative counter-proposal23.11.2017
- Graduates from Mercuria's Apprenticeship Program Join President Trump to Announce Workforce Development Initiative16.06.2017
- Mercuria Brings First American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions01.06.2017
- Mercuria Energy Marks 10 Years of Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival 04.11.2016
- Mercuria Signs Agreement with U.S. Department of Labor to Formalize American Apprenticeship Program20.06.2016
- Governor Abbott Announces Texas Apprenticeship Program01.02.2016
- Mercuria Energy Celebrates 2015 Beijing International Music Festival19.10.2015
- Mercuria to Bring Swiss-Style Apprenticeships to the United States28.07.2015
- Mercuria Wins Commodity Deal of the Year 2014 for JP Morgan Physical Commodities Acquisition09.12.2014
- Mercuria brings its support to fight Ebola in Senegal28.10.2014
- Mercuria Marks 8th Year Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival10.10.2014
- Executives meet with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang23.09.2014
- IUCN workshop in Botswana: Focus on Biodiversity01.03.2012
- "Legacy of China" on China Central TV Channel 408.02.2012
- Dams and Grosjean Finish The Season On a High Note With a Tenth Podium!12.09.2011
- Roman Grosjean Champion with Dams!27.08.2011
- Dams and Romain Grosjean Start the Holiday Break on a High Note!02.08.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Make The Break!25.07.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Dominate!20.07.2011
- GP2 Main Series 2011 - Valencia, Race 227.06.2011
- Fantastic Fight Back by Romain Grosjean and Dams28.05.2011
- Dams and Grosjean finish the season on a high note with a tenth podium!20.03.2011
- Gala Dinner in Beijing Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations Between China and Switzerland14.08.2010