Mercuria Brings First American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions
HOUSTON -- Mercuria Energy, one of the world’s largest independent integrated energy and commodities groups, today presented certificates of completion to the apprentices in their U.S. apprenticeship program and awarded them fulltime positions. Mercuria employees from the North America leadership group and operations departments were in attendance.
Both apprentices, Chris Inlow and Chris Pritchard participated in an intensive one-year on-the job development training in the operations department in Houston, Texas as part of the Apprentice Program. Mercuria established its first Apprentice Program following the agreement with United States Department of Labor.
“Mercuria relies on talent to drive our business in the United States and around the world,” said Peter Sherk, Mercuria’s CEO of the Americas. “Through the apprenticeship program, we are fostering necessary skillsets and creating the next generation of Mercuria’s team. We are pleased to welcome these two apprentices into our fulltime operations."
Chris Inlow has accepted the position of operations assistant. The position reports to Richard Ali, contracts and settlements manager. Chris graduated from University of Missouri-Kansas City with a degree in political science and has a graduate degree from St. Leo University with a master of business administration (MBA). Chris Inlow served active duty in the U.S. Navy from April 2011 to April 2015.
Chris Pritchard has accepted the position of trade support officer. This position reports to Loren Squire, trader support, team lead. Chris graduated from the University of Houston with a degree in finance with a focus on global energy management.
Mercuria’s apprenticeship program offers real-world work experience to persons in the United States and abroad. The program allows participating individuals to gain knowledge and skills through practical experiences and learning.
Mercuria worked extensively with authorities in the United States and Switzerland to create an apprenticeship program in the America which was modeled on its historic Swiss concept. More than 20 Swiss companies are now involved in bringing and expanding their model of apprenticeship to their U.S. facilities. Mercuria is a proud partner of the program.
- Mercuria and Employees Support Efforts of buildOn12.12.2017
- Mercuria on the Swiss Responsible Business Initiative counter-proposal23.11.2017
- Graduates from Mercuria's Apprenticeship Program Join President Trump to Announce Workforce Development Initiative16.06.2017
- Mercuria Brings First American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions01.06.2017
- Mercuria Energy Marks 10 Years of Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival 04.11.2016
- Mercuria Signs Agreement with U.S. Department of Labor to Formalize American Apprenticeship Program20.06.2016
- Governor Abbott Announces Texas Apprenticeship Program01.02.2016
- Mercuria Energy Celebrates 2015 Beijing International Music Festival19.10.2015
- Mercuria to Bring Swiss-Style Apprenticeships to the United States28.07.2015
- Mercuria Wins Commodity Deal of the Year 2014 for JP Morgan Physical Commodities Acquisition09.12.2014
- Mercuria brings its support to fight Ebola in Senegal28.10.2014
- Mercuria Marks 8th Year Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival10.10.2014
- Executives meet with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang23.09.2014
- IUCN workshop in Botswana: Focus on Biodiversity01.03.2012
- "Legacy of China" on China Central TV Channel 408.02.2012
- Dams and Grosjean Finish The Season On a High Note With a Tenth Podium!12.09.2011
- Roman Grosjean Champion with Dams!27.08.2011
- Dams and Romain Grosjean Start the Holiday Break on a High Note!02.08.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Make The Break!25.07.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Dominate!20.07.2011
- GP2 Main Series 2011 - Valencia, Race 227.06.2011
- Fantastic Fight Back by Romain Grosjean and Dams28.05.2011
- Dams and Grosjean finish the season on a high note with a tenth podium!20.03.2011
- Gala Dinner in Beijing Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations Between China and Switzerland14.08.2010