Mercuria Energy Marks 10 Years of Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival
BEIJING, Oct. 28, 2016 -- Mercuria, one of the world's largest integrated energy and commodities groups, marked its 10th year of sponsorship of the Beijing Music Festival at the annual Mercuria Night. In a year where Mercuria saw increased partnership and investment from Chinese companies such as ChemChina and China Materials Storage and Transportation Development Company (CMSTD), the evening highlighted Mercuria’s longstanding relationship with China at the prominent music festival held in China's capital. Hundreds of Mercuria counterparties joined for the festivities.
"Mercuria sponsors the Beijing Music Festival to celebrate our long-standing relationship with China and Chinese culture and talent," said Han Jin, a co-founder of Mercuria and president of Mercuria Asia. "We have been privileged to work in China since the beginning of our company. Just like the music festival, Mercuria recognizes tradition and skill but also celebrates expertise and history from around the world."
Mercuria recently received a strategic investment by ChemChina. In addition, China Materials Storage and Transportation Development Company (CMSTD) partnered with Mercuria in Henry Bath warehouse facilities to expand its global customer base. CMSTD has an extensive portfolio of logistics assets and land holdings in premium locations across China. Combined with Mercuria’s robust capabilities and expertise, these partnerships will fuel and diversify the company’s natural growth.
Since the inception of Mercuria, the company has sponsored the month-long event, widely regarded as one of the most prominent music festivals in China. The festival focuses on music education and public accessibility. Each festival features free concerts for young people and children. The festival holds Master Classes each year in the Central Conservatory. More than 6,000 people have had instruction from well-known Chinese and foreign artists such as Isaac Stern, Fou Ts'ong, Mo Hualun, Melvyn Tan, Lo King-man, Liao Naixiong, and the Kodaly Quartet.
Under Mercuria’s sponsorship, the event has featured a diverse range of artists including the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra playing the songs of John Lennon, violin master Pinchas Zuckerman with the China Philharmonic Orchestra, an opera gala by Deutsche Opera Berlin, and cellists Mischa Maisky and Lily Maisky's Russian Romances.
This year, the world-famous conductor Vladimir Fedoseyev with the Tchaikovsky Symphony Orchestra, one of the most prestigious orchestras in Russia, performed Tchaikovsky’s masterpiece symphonies No. 3 and No. 4.
The Tchaikovsky Symphony Orchestra is a Russian classical music orchestra established in 1930. Originally founded as the Moscow Radio Symphony Orchestra, it served as the official symphony for the Soviet All-Union Radio network. Following the dissolution of the USSR in 1991, the Russian Ministry of Culture renamed the orchestra in 1993 in recognition of the central role the music of Tchaikovsky plays in its repertoire.
- Graduates from Mercuria's Apprenticeship Program Join President Trump to Announce Workforce Development Initiative16.06.2017
- Mercuria Brings First American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions01.06.2017
- Mercuria Energy Marks 10 Years of Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival 04.11.2016
- Mercuria Signs Agreement with U.S. Department of Labor to Formalize American Apprenticeship Program20.06.2016
- Governor Abbott Announces Texas Apprenticeship Program01.02.2016
- Mercuria Energy Celebrates 2015 Beijing International Music Festival19.10.2015
- Mercuria to Bring Swiss-Style Apprenticeships to the United States28.07.2015
- Mercuria Wins Commodity Deal of the Year 2014 for JP Morgan Physical Commodities Acquisition09.12.2014
- Mercuria brings its support to fight Ebola in Senegal28.10.2014
- Mercuria Marks 8th Year Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival10.10.2014
- Executives meet with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang23.09.2014
- IUCN workshop in Botswana: Focus on Biodiversity01.03.2012
- "Legacy of China" on China Central TV Channel 408.02.2012
- Dams and Grosjean Finish The Season On a High Note With a Tenth Podium!12.09.2011
- Roman Grosjean Champion with Dams!27.08.2011
- Dams and Romain Grosjean Start the Holiday Break on a High Note!02.08.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Make The Break!25.07.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Dominate!20.07.2011
- GP2 Main Series 2011 - Valencia, Race 227.06.2011
- Fantastic Fight Back by Romain Grosjean and Dams28.05.2011
- Dams and Grosjean finish the season on a high note with a tenth podium!20.03.2011
- Gala Dinner in Beijing Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations Between China and Switzerland14.08.2010