Mercuria Marks 8th Year Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival
BEIJING, 10 OCTOBER 2014 – Mercuria, the global energy and commodities group, today marked its 8th year sponsoring the Beijing Music Festival (BMF) at its opening on 10 October. Mercuria, founded 10 years ago, is marking its anniversary in China by celebrating its heritage in the nation with clients and staff at the festival.
This year’s BMF focuses on late German composer Richard Strauss. The BMF was inaugurated this October by Chinese cellist Jian Wang and the Munich Philharmonic Orchestra, which is participating in the festival for the first time. The 120-year-old world-renowned orchestra is from Richard Strauss’ hometown.
Almost since the inception of Mercuria, the company has sponsored the month-long event, one of the most prominent music festivals in China. The BMF focuses on music education and accessibility to the public. Each festival features free concerts for young people and children. The festival holds Master Classes each year in the Central Conservatory. More than 6,000 people have had instruction from well-known Chinese and foreign artists such as Issac Stern, Fou Ts'ong, Mo Hualun, Melvyn Tan, Lo King-man, Liao Naixiong, and the Kodaly Quartet.
“Our sponsorship of the Beijing Music Festival as a charitable endeavor models our business philosophy of investing in Chinese human resources, talent and training and combing that with our knowledge of the world,” said Han Jin, president of Mercuria Asia. “Just like our offices in Beijing and Shanghai, and infrastructure throughout China, the BMF is developed with Chinese ingenuity and know-how and accompanied by some of the best worldwide talents.”
Since the company began sponsoring the month-long event, artists participating have included the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra playing the songs of John Lennon, violin master Pinchas Zuckerman with the China Philharmonic Orchestra, an opera gala by Deutsche Opera Berlin, and cellists Mischa Maisky and Lily Maisky’s Russian Romances.
The Beijing Music Festival will conclude on 31 October with the Closing Gala Concert given by Orchestra de Paris and Paavo Järvi.
For more information, visit http://www.bmf.org.cn/
- Mercuria Energy Marks 10 Years of Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival 04.11.2016
- Mercuria Signs Agreement with U.S. Department of Labor to Formalize American Apprenticeship Program20.06.2016
- Governor Abbott Announces Texas Apprenticeship Program01.02.2016
- Mercuria Energy Celebrates 2015 Beijing International Music Festival19.10.2015
- Mercuria to Bring Swiss-Style Apprenticeships to the United States28.07.2015
- Mercuria Wins Commodity Deal of the Year 2014 for JP Morgan Physical Commodities Acquisition09.12.2014
- Mercuria brings its support to fight Ebola in Senegal28.10.2014
- Mercuria Marks 8th Year Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival10.10.2014
- Executives meet with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang23.09.2014
- IUCN workshop in Botswana: Focus on Biodiversity01.03.2012
- "Legacy of China" on China Central TV Channel 408.02.2012
- Dams and Grosjean Finish The Season On a High Note With a Tenth Podium!12.09.2011
- Roman Grosjean Champion with Dams!27.08.2011
- Dams and Romain Grosjean Start the Holiday Break on a High Note!02.08.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Make The Break!25.07.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Dominate!20.07.2011
- GP2 Main Series 2011 - Valencia, Race 227.06.2011
- Fantastic Fight Back by Romain Grosjean and Dams28.05.2011
- Dams and Grosjean finish the season on a high note with a tenth podium!20.03.2011
- Gala Dinner in Beijing Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations Between China and Switzerland14.08.2010