Romain Grosjean and Dams Dominate!
DAMS and its French driver finished the Silverstone weekend with a flourish thanks to a stunning victory this Sunday at Silverstone. Grosjean's third win in 10 races gives him a 9-point lead in the championship.
Beyond the points factor, the way in which the DAMS leader built his win is impressive. After his encouraging fourth place yesterday, Grosjean immediately passed Bird, one of his serious rivals. He then set a searing pace while looking after his car in the first half of the 21-lap race. With his tyres still in a good state he overtook the 2 drivers in front of him, including Van der Garde, before pulling away and again setting the fastest lap. Today, he was head and shoulders above his rivals.
Pal Varhaug had a technical problem at the start and he had to start far behind the field. Then he set times worthy of his team leader: unfortunately his efforts went unrewarded.
Loic David: General Manager: "It's been a fantastic weekend for us. Bravo to the whole team who did a magnificent job preparing the car, and to Romain in particular. He drove a very intelligent race pulling off clean overtaking manoeuvres. Pal was unlucky with his problem at the start. His times show that he was on the pace today. He must continue in the same vein in Germany."
Romain Grosjean: p1
"What a great race! The car was perfect and I want to thank the whole team for the fantastic job they did. I made a good start and then I nursed my tyres for several laps before pushing. It was simply great fun. We've eked out a small lead in the championship. Now, we'll have to make the break at the Nurburgring."
Pal Varhaug: p23
"I'm a bit frustrated because of the technical glitch at the start. Then I enjoyed myself on this circuit. I was able to set a good pace and good times. I'll have to try and string everything together and score points at the next race."
Next round at the Nürburgring (Germany) on 23rd-24th July.
- Mercuria and Employees Support Efforts of buildOn12.12.2017
- Mercuria on the Swiss Responsible Business Initiative counter-proposal23.11.2017
- Graduates from Mercuria's Apprenticeship Program Join President Trump to Announce Workforce Development Initiative16.06.2017
- Mercuria Brings First American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions01.06.2017
- Mercuria Energy Marks 10 Years of Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival 04.11.2016
- Mercuria Signs Agreement with U.S. Department of Labor to Formalize American Apprenticeship Program20.06.2016
- Governor Abbott Announces Texas Apprenticeship Program01.02.2016
- Mercuria Energy Celebrates 2015 Beijing International Music Festival19.10.2015
- Mercuria to Bring Swiss-Style Apprenticeships to the United States28.07.2015
- Mercuria Wins Commodity Deal of the Year 2014 for JP Morgan Physical Commodities Acquisition09.12.2014
- Mercuria brings its support to fight Ebola in Senegal28.10.2014
- Mercuria Marks 8th Year Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival10.10.2014
- Executives meet with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang23.09.2014
- IUCN workshop in Botswana: Focus on Biodiversity01.03.2012
- "Legacy of China" on China Central TV Channel 408.02.2012
- Dams and Grosjean Finish The Season On a High Note With a Tenth Podium!12.09.2011
- Roman Grosjean Champion with Dams!27.08.2011
- Dams and Romain Grosjean Start the Holiday Break on a High Note!02.08.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Make The Break!25.07.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Dominate!20.07.2011
- GP2 Main Series 2011 - Valencia, Race 227.06.2011
- Fantastic Fight Back by Romain Grosjean and Dams28.05.2011
- Dams and Grosjean finish the season on a high note with a tenth podium!20.03.2011
- Gala Dinner in Beijing Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations Between China and Switzerland14.08.2010