Romain Grosjean and Dams Make The Break!
DAMS and its team leader had a very fruitful weekend in Germany. A victory and a podium finish enabled them to make the break in the championship (Grosjean is now 18 points in front of Van der Garde). The fact that their main rivals had a poor weekend was also a help.
Romain Grosjean already had a pretty successful race on Saturday. He started from third on the grid and lost a place to Bianchi at the start. After that a very consistent performance allied to a superb pit stop put him back on the third step of the podium. Pal Varhaug's race ended after only a few metres in a collision with Mirocha.
On Sunday, the start was given on a damp track and Grosjean made a cautious start from sixth place. He then pulled back places very quickly, helped by mistakes made by his direct rivals, Sam Bird and Guido Van der Garde. The race boiled down to a three-handed scrap between the DAMS driver, Bianchi and Filippi. After changing from rain tyres to slicks they were running wheel-to-wheel. On the second last lap, Grosjean took advantage of a slight error by Bianchi in the last chicane to take the lead and score his fourth win of the season - a stunning performance. DAMS's new Norwegian recruit drove a hard-charging race, and got as high as seventh at one moment but fell back down the order after his tyres went off.
Loïc David, General Manager: "A big bravo to the whole team, in particular for Sunday's victory. We had a good first race helped by a clever, well-executed strategy. On Sunday, the car was well set up, which wasn't obvious in the changing conditions. And of course, Romain's talent and race craft made the difference!"
Main race: P3
"This victory feels really good! Yesterday, if I‘d started from pole, which was possible, we could have won. Today it was just sheer pleasure. It was very close at the end, but when I saw the opening in the chicane I went for it! My thanks to the whole team who did a super job. We've opened up a lead in the championship, and we have to continue the good work in Hungary before the August holiday break."
Main race: Rtd
"A very tough race. I've never really liked the Nürburgring, but I'm partly to blame for Saturday's collision. Today, we bet on the rain coming back at the end of the race and I stayed on wet weather tyres till the flag. This helped me pull back places in the middle of the event, but at the end my tyres were completely shot. I hope that Lady Luck will smile on me in Budapest!"
Next races: Hungaroring (Hungary) 30-31 July.
- Mercuria Recognized by Swiss Embassy for its Apprenticeship Program for Veterans15.11.2019
- Mercuria Donates Funds and Supplies for Local Houston Back to School Drive29.08.2019
- Mercuria Energy Participates in Houston Veterans Job Fair08.08.2019
- Mercuria Joins U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross and Advisor to the President Ivanka Trump in Workforce Development Pledge13.06.2019
- Mercuria Named New Silk Road CEO of the Year for Energy Trading 25.09.2018
- Mercuria Brings American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions04.06.2018
- Mercuria and Employees Support Efforts of Grassroots Soccer23.05.2018
- Mercuria Employees Support Local Students17.05.2018
- Mercuria and Employees Support Efforts of buildOn12.12.2017
- Mercuria on the Swiss Responsible Business Initiative counter-proposal23.11.2017
- Graduates from Mercuria's Apprenticeship Program Join President Trump to Announce Workforce Development Initiative16.06.2017
- Mercuria Brings First American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions01.06.2017
- Mercuria Energy Marks 10 Years of Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival 04.11.2016
- Mercuria Signs Agreement with U.S. Department of Labor to Formalize American Apprenticeship Program20.06.2016
- Governor Abbott Announces Texas Apprenticeship Program01.02.2016
- Mercuria Energy Celebrates 2015 Beijing International Music Festival19.10.2015
- Mercuria to Bring Swiss-Style Apprenticeships to the United States28.07.2015
- Mercuria Wins Commodity Deal of the Year 2014 for JP Morgan Physical Commodities Acquisition09.12.2014
- Mercuria brings its support to fight Ebola in Senegal28.10.2014
- Mercuria Marks 8th Year Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival10.10.2014
- Executives meet with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang23.09.2014
- IUCN workshop in Botswana: Focus on Biodiversity01.03.2012
- "Legacy of China" on China Central TV Channel 408.02.2012
- Dams and Grosjean Finish The Season On a High Note With a Tenth Podium!12.09.2011
- Roman Grosjean Champion with Dams!27.08.2011
- Dams and Romain Grosjean Start the Holiday Break on a High Note!02.08.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Make The Break!25.07.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Dominate!20.07.2011
- GP2 Main Series 2011 - Valencia, Race 227.06.2011
- Fantastic Fight Back by Romain Grosjean and Dams28.05.2011
- Dams and Grosjean finish the season on a high note with a tenth podium!20.03.2011
- Gala Dinner in Beijing Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations Between China and Switzerland14.08.2010