Roman Grosjean Champion with Dams!
They've done it! After winning the Asian GP2 title at the beginning of the year, Romain Grosjean and DAMS confirmed their status by clinching the title in the main series on the mythic Spa-Francorchamps circuit with the help of their eighth podium finish of the season.
As usual, Romain set the pace in free practice beating his nearest rival by over 7/10s. Things did not go quite so well in qualifying in pouring rain. The car suffered from a general lack of grip, but despite this the Frenchman managed to bag eighth place on the grid, which became seventh when Charles Pic was disqualified.
Grosjean started from the good side of the track and rocketed into La Source gaining three places. He overtook Ericsson at the top of the Raidillon to snatch third, which he held on to despite the rain beginning again. Thanks to a well-timed strategy he kept his place on the podium and sealed his 2011 GP2 title three races before the end!
Pal Varhaug again had disappointing qualifying. He started from twenty-second spot on the grid and drove a good fault-free race, which saw him take the flag in thirteenth place.
Loïc David, General Manager: "My heartiest congratulations to everybody. Today was a day to avoid making mistakes and all the team members did their job perfectly. They chose just the right moment to call in Romain for the tyre change and the pit stop was perfect. Romain drove a champion's race. Our second title of the season is a just reward for the whole team's efforts."
Romain Grosjean: 3rd
"It's an incredible feeling! I'm just so happy to have won the title today. A big thanks and all my congratulations to the whole team. DAMS has been the best this year. As I knew that my main rival was behind me there was no sense in tempting fate this afternoon, above all in such difficult conditions. We now have to finish the season with a flourish!"
Pal Varhaug: 13th
"First of all, my sincerest congratulations to Romain. He fully deserved his title. I'm happy with my race. Once again I had a tough qualifying session, but I didn't make any mistakes in the race and I could have made it into the top ten – it's for the near future!"
Second race tomorrow Sunday 28th August at 10:30.
- Mercuria Energy Marks 10 Years of Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival 04.11.2016
- Mercuria Signs Agreement with U.S. Department of Labor to Formalize American Apprenticeship Program20.06.2016
- Governor Abbott Announces Texas Apprenticeship Program01.02.2016
- Mercuria Energy Celebrates 2015 Beijing International Music Festival19.10.2015
- Mercuria to Bring Swiss-Style Apprenticeships to the United States28.07.2015
- Mercuria Wins Commodity Deal of the Year 2014 for JP Morgan Physical Commodities Acquisition09.12.2014
- Mercuria brings its support to fight Ebola in Senegal28.10.2014
- Mercuria Marks 8th Year Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival10.10.2014
- Executives meet with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang23.09.2014
- IUCN workshop in Botswana: Focus on Biodiversity01.03.2012
- "Legacy of China" on China Central TV Channel 408.02.2012
- Dams and Grosjean Finish The Season On a High Note With a Tenth Podium!12.09.2011
- Roman Grosjean Champion with Dams!27.08.2011
- Dams and Romain Grosjean Start the Holiday Break on a High Note!02.08.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Make The Break!25.07.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Dominate!20.07.2011
- GP2 Main Series 2011 - Valencia, Race 227.06.2011
- Fantastic Fight Back by Romain Grosjean and Dams28.05.2011
- Dams and Grosjean finish the season on a high note with a tenth podium!20.03.2011
- Gala Dinner in Beijing Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations Between China and Switzerland14.08.2010