Data scientist - IT
The Data Scientist Intern will be part of a cross functional IT team dedicated to enhance the Company’s overall efficiency. The Intern will be involved in analyzing the cash movements related to trading flows in order to improve liquidity management by implementing predictive cash flow analytics and therefore modeling Mercuria’s future financial liquidity over a certain period.
The model should be able to consider also internal operational issues affecting cash collection, such as incorrect numbers or bank details on invoices, invoices adjustments, netting off, quality disputes, etc.
The goal of this project is to build a new platform using artificial intelligence (AI) to improve our straight-through reconciliation of incoming and outgoing payments.
The daily tasks will involve development coding, testing, analytics and documentation.
Learning and experience opportunities
This assignment will provide you an exposure to:
- Data Science and machine learning;
- The commodities trading market from front to back on both physical and paper trades;
- Cash management in trading and financial services environment;
- Energy Trading and Risk Management systems, SAP ERP and Hana database.
- Good knowledge of Java, Python, R;
- Exposure to machine learning, Big Data;
- Computer Science, Mathematics and Physics orientated background;
- Fluent in English;
- Entrepreneurial behavior, creative and flexible, out-of-the-box thinking.