The Finance Group within Mercuria covers the raising and management of over $20bn of financing lines from the market. They manage the financing at a transactional level and associated risks including FX, credit, liquidity. Finally, they are responsible for all internal and external financial reporting. To support the Group in these endeavors we are looking for a strong graduate to work on some of the following:
- Construct an automated reporting module for the CFO;
- Develop the Credit Risk evaluation tools including Credit Valuation Adjustment (CVA) and Potential Future Exposure (PFE) module for credit;
- Develop modules for the allocation of financing costs to the trading desks;
- Enhance existing cash forecasting models;
- Enhance the controlling team’s reporting and automation that facilitates the economic versus accounting views of the trading business.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills;
- Understanding of the fundamentals of balance sheets, PnL statements and cash flow;
- Interest in commodity and energy markets;
- Ability to work independently and proactively in solving challenges and improvements to work processes.
- Numerical or analytical based education;
- Finance qualification a benefit;
- Language skills desirable.