Financial Operations Graduate
This role will work in one or more areas of the Mercuria UK Operations group to include duties related to Settlements, Confirmations, Trade Support, Contracts Administration and the general Operations of physical and financial commodity transactions.
· Reconciliation of invoice details against risk systems and ancillary documents.
· Ability to manage the settlement of transactions in accordance with contractual obligations.
· Ability to investigate and resolve cash breaks following settlement.
· Ability to draft of confirmations as governed by a variety of Master Agreements to ensure accuracy and completeness of trade and other contractual terms.
· Ability to ensuring timely execution of transactions on electronic confirmation matching platforms.
· Ability to tracking Confirmations through various lifecycle events to ensure dual execution on a timely basis.
· Effectively analyze and manage trade capture parameters as a risk control and mitigation function.
· Ability to read, understand, and potentially negotiate contracts as they relate to standard industry and/or internal General Terms and Conditions.
· Ability to daft contracts to ensure accuracy and completeness of trade and other contractual terms.
· Ability to ensure timely execution of transactions on electronic confirmation matching platforms.
· Ability to track Confirmations through various lifecycle events to ensure dual execution on a timely basis.
· Effectively interface with others outside of the Financial Operations group to include, but not limited to, Legal, Tax, Credit, Accounting, Trade Finance, and external counter-parties.
· A bachelor’s degree is preferred but not necessarily required
· A minimum of a high diploma or the equivalent thereof is required
· Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Satisfactory communication skills verbally and in written form
· Satisfactory ability to solve problems with a high focus on customer service
Related Instruction Outline
A minimum of 48 hours of suggested related instruction are required during the term of the apprenticeship. In addition to the below, Operations offers monthly Lunch & Learn Training, which is instruction provided by internal subject matter experts, and may be relevant and/or substituted for any of the below.
Fundamentals of Energy Trading
Energy Risk Management