Intern - Automation and Digitalization Intern
Within a cross-functional team (HR, Finance & IT) dedicated to enhance the overall company efficiency, the candidate will be involved in the business analysis, design and development of tools to automate payroll activities and HR operations.
The project activities will include:
- Working closely with the HR-payroll team and IT to define requirements and elaborate business rules to be implemented in the final solution
- Development of a catalog of all data sources impacting payroll results and development of a centralized consolidation interface
- Asses viable options of a bi-directional middleware to connect Mercuria systems with external providers, with the aim of automatically exchanging, controlling and monitoring payroll data and related operations (e.g. payments execution, reporting to regulators, etc).
- Working closely with the Finance team to develop a tool for payroll reconciliation and booking
- Design and implementation of a data warehouse for reporting purposes and creation of dashboards with Business Intelligence Software (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, SAP Analytics Cloud)
- Developing ad hoc high-quality analytics for key stakeholders, such as Executive Management and Department Heads
The final aim of the project is to automate and improve the current payroll operations and improve reporting by consolidating data from all sources, standardizing operations and increasing data accuracy and correctness.
Learning and experience opportunities
This assignment will provide you:
- Based on performance during the internship, the role might be transformed into a permanent job at Mercuria with all related benefits (e.g. above average remuneration, health insurance benefits, etc).
- Experience in project management of a cross-functional team (HR, IT and Finance)
- Exposure to the operations of a multinational corporation
- A dynamic environment with a steep learning curve in Trading, Systems and Project Management
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Science or Mathematics (preferably with a Computer Science orientated background)
- Above average grades and valuable extra-curricular activities
- Good knowledge of programming languages
- Communicative personality, discrete and at ease working with highly confidential information
- Entrepreneurial behavior, creative and flexible, out-of-the-box thinker with good appetite for challenges
- Excellent English skills are required