Intern - Credit
The trading business within the energy industry is fast paced and constantly evolving. To ensure that we fully understand and manage the financial risks of this dynamic business the credit department is an essential team within Mercuria whose role it is to identify, structure, manage and mitigate credit risk. To meet this purpose it is imperative that we have an in-depth understanding of the counterparties that we are trading, work with the traders to structure deals to maximize the risk versus reward balance and in the event of a credit event, minimize the actual losses incurred.
You will work with the Credit Officers on the day-to-day management of various portfolios and projects, as follows:
- Support the Credit Asia team on daily administrative tasks, including KYC and on-boarding of counterparties;
- Assist on writing credit reviews and assigning the credit risk rating to each name;
- Work on industry analysis and peer comparison on Chinese Independent refiners;
- Manage and update the Company’s credit database;
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Good communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel VBA skills
- Able to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Able to manage multiple and potentially conflicting priorities
Please apply with your Resume (in one file) and your Cover letter, together with full University, GCE A levels and GCE O levels subject results (in one file) by clicking on the “Apply now” link below by 4 March 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.Apply now