Intern - Financial Analyst
Reports to: Group CFO
Years of Experience: No work experience required
The trading business within the energy industry is fast paced and constantly evolving. To ensure that we fully understand and manage the financial risks of this dynamic business the finance department is essential within Mercuria. Its role includes managing over $25bn of financing lines; the daily cash management of the Group; accounting for a business that turns over more than $120bn of revenue identify; as well as all the related tax, controlling and audit activities. To meet this purpose it is imperative that we have an in-depth understanding of the business trading flows, financial risks and apply appropriate controls that allow us to maximize the risk versus reward balance.
The application of systems and real-time data management is essential to the efficient running of the finance department. Mercuria is at the forefront of developing and applying blockchain, AI and machine learning tools throughout its business including the finance team. This role will be to work alongside the Group CFO to develop these tools and other data analytics to improve the performance of the finance department.
The role will require an individual with a positive attitude, adaptability, strong communication skills with confident interpersonal skills who can operate in a dynamic trading environment.
The role will be supporting the Group CFO in his management of the Finance Department. Activities will include:
- Developing analytical tools to analyse the Finance Departments performance
- Design, develop and implement a CFO dashboard that is can be updated on a daily basis.
- Work with other graduates across the Geneva office who form a community of like-minded individuals that can help automate the wider business.
- Collaborate with key members of the finance leadership team on various projects and activities.
- Manage key projects on behalf of the finance department as required
Qualifications & Competences
- Educated in business, finance and/or commodities industry
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Proactive approach and positive attitude
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical and data management skills
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Good facilitation and negotiation skills
- Able to manage multiple and potentially conflicting priorities
- Understanding energy trading industry and markets