The Global Risk team is responsible for the governance and implementation of the overall company Risk management framework. The Risk Analyst will help analyze the groups commodities risk, build quantitative models for analysis of performance and risk, and implement ad-hoc simulation models to help measure risk (e.g. VAR scenario analysis, stress testing, option VAR models). We are looking for an intern to support us in the following:
- Performing day-to-day market, position, PnL and Value-at-Risk analysis covering trading desks in London and globally across all traded product lines;
- Providing ad-hoc and value-add analysis to senior management and trading desks on key risks, scenarios testing, stress testing, value-at-risk, etc.;
- Working closely with risk managers, technology teams and data teams globally to develop new and relevant risk analytics as part of our overall suit of market risk tools, including models to support options trading strategies;
- Supporting Front Office in new business activities by evaluating risks embedded in new business or complex transactions;
- Escalating and resolving emergent market and trading risk issues as necessary;
Projects that the candidate will be exposed to:
- Expand and develop new scenarios analysis;
- Modelling of Asset portfolio VaR;
- Return on balance sheet analysis per desk and firm wide
- Modelling real time prices/PnL (Illiquid maturities);
- Liquidity risk analysis.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills;
- Experience in a coding language/computational language, preferably Python, SQL and/or VBA;
- Interest in translating complex mathematical problems into deliverable solutions;
- A structured, independent and result-driven mind-set.
- A University Degree in a relevant discipline – Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Finance, Engineering;
- Excellent Communication skills and a good teamwork mentality.