Our Risk and Middle Office teams are looking for strong interns to support them. The Risk teams are responsible for the complete and accurate representation of all risks with a trading books, the valuation of those positions and the timely, complete and accurate assessment and recording of all associated costs, revenues, assets or liabilities. They represent an integral part of the real time risk management of the business. Successful candidates will have to opportunity to learn how a trading business functions, and will have to opportunity to interact with a broad cross section of different functional groups and make a meaningful contribution to the wider company. The intern’s responsibilities will be the following:
- Participate in a small team objectively reviewing the daily production of a single businesses p&l, risk management and pricing management, looking to identify opportunities to streamline processes, find practical efficiencies and identify opportunities to provide better more effective tools to the trading desk.
- Participate in the support the middle office in daily tasks and respond to commercial requirements of the business as they develop.
- Participating in additional companywide projects under the sponsorship of the Risk Group as they present themselves.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Experience in an OO language (C#, Java, C++ similar), experience with database queries and manipulation, SQL or similar and a numerical computation language (R, Matlab, Python) is an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including VBA components
- Interest in commodity and energy markets
- An open, enquiring mind set and the ability to work both independently and within a team context.
- Excellent English skills are required
- Any degree with a high level of mathematical rigor and numeracy can be relevant; Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Computer Sciences or Engineering degree program
- Knowledge of Mathematical Finance advantageous