Trading Assistant – Asia Desk
With the increasing business demands in regards to the China market, Mercuria headquarters needs a full-time employee to assist management on supervising risk, coordinating with local clients, and implementing the trading activities.
- The candidate will assist a member of Group Management on daily risk management covering all the trading activities in Asia, especially trading with Chinese counterparts.
- The candidate’s main responsibility includes, but not limited to, preparing daily risk management report; coordinating with offices in the region of Asia; communicating with clients in China and Singapore; assisting the member of Group Management on daily trading of crude oil.
- The role will directly report to the member of Group Management.
- 4-5 years working experiences as an operator handling crude oil and oil products with Chinese counterparts.
- Good relationships with various client operations teams in China and Singapore.
- Full understanding of local client’s behaviours and ability to communicate in both Chinese and English.
- Full understanding of a trading Company’s risk control procedure and structure.
- University Bachelor/Master degree of Economics or Business Management.
- Excellent knowledge of ICTS System.
- Strong communication skills and team spirit.
- Fluent in both Chinese and English (native Chinese language skills a plus).
- Strong analytical and financial skills.
- Ability to work independently under high pressure.
- Able to manage multiple and potentially conflicting priorities.