Mercuria Energy Participates in Houston Veterans Job Fair
HOUSTON, TX – On June 20, 2019, Mercuria Energy participated in the Houston Veterans Job Fair in Houston, Texas. With more than 60 companies in attendance, Mercuria met with an array of veterans and is pleased to announce that as a result it has hired an Operations Apprentice to the Mercuria Energy Houston office.
“Mercuria is happy to welcome the new apprentice to our operations in Houston,” said Cody Moore, Head of Gas and Power Trading for Mercuria Energy in North America. “The apprenticeship program is an essential aspect of our business. It not only allows participates to garner new skillsets, but also helps propel Mercuria in the United States and around the world into the future of commodities trading.”
Since signing an apprenticeship program agreement with the U.S. Department of Labor in 2016, Mercuria has remained committed to providing Americans with an opportunity to learn about the commodities trading world through real-job experience.
In June 2016, Mercuria signed a memorandum of understanding with the Obama Administration to launch the program. In June 2017, the first graduates of the Mercuria apprenticeship program, both of whom are veterans, met with President Donald J. Trump to promote the importance of the apprenticeship program in developing the necessary skills for Americans to be competitive in the current job market. The next year, Mercuria awarded its second group of apprenticeship program graduates fulltime positions.
The skillset development of veterans and college graduates through the apprenticeship program has and will continue to play a vital role in Mercuria’s expanded practices in the United States. Past graduates of the apprenticeship program have already proven to be invaluable members of the Mercuria global team.
Mercuria is pleased to say the Operations Apprentice began work on August 1, 2019.
For more information about Mercuria’s apprenticeship program, please contact Arta Brending, Human Resources Manager for Mercuria Energy in North America at (832) 209-2409 or email@example.com.
- Ghana Environmental Protection Agency and Mercuria Energy Trading Sign MOU to collaborate on the development of emissions reduction projects in Ghana09.11.2021
- Mercuria joins C4IR Ocean to increase fleet emission data transparency28.05.2021
- Minerva Bunkering Joins Forces with Leading Organizations to Help Resolve Unprecedented Crew Change Crisis Caused by Covid-1926.01.2021
- Minerva Bunkering Partners with Emsengeni Primary School to Bring Educational Resources to Port Elizabeth04.12.2020
- Pin Oak Donates Computers to Local Students in Need Partnering With Comp-U-Dopt10.09.2020
- Mercuria Recognized by Swiss Embassy for its Apprenticeship Program for Veterans15.11.2019
- Mercuria Donates Funds and Supplies for Local Houston Back to School Drive29.08.2019
- Mercuria Energy Participates in Houston Veterans Job Fair08.08.2019
- Mercuria Joins U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross and Advisor to the President Ivanka Trump in Workforce Development Pledge13.06.2019
- Mercuria Named New Silk Road CEO of the Year for Energy Trading 25.09.2018
- Mercuria Brings American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions04.06.2018
- Mercuria and Employees Support Efforts of Grassroots Soccer23.05.2018
- Mercuria Employees Support Local Students17.05.2018
- Mercuria and Employees Support Efforts of buildOn12.12.2017
- Mercuria on the Swiss Responsible Business Initiative counter-proposal23.11.2017
- Graduates from Mercuria's Apprenticeship Program Join President Trump to Announce Workforce Development Initiative16.06.2017
- Mercuria Brings First American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions01.06.2017
- Mercuria Energy Marks 10 Years of Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival 04.11.2016
- Mercuria Signs Agreement with U.S. Department of Labor to Formalize American Apprenticeship Program20.06.2016
- Governor Abbott Announces Texas Apprenticeship Program01.02.2016
- Mercuria Energy Celebrates 2015 Beijing International Music Festival19.10.2015
- Mercuria to Bring Swiss-Style Apprenticeships to the United States28.07.2015
- Mercuria Wins Commodity Deal of the Year 2014 for JP Morgan Physical Commodities Acquisition09.12.2014
- Mercuria brings its support to fight Ebola in Senegal28.10.2014
- Mercuria Marks 8th Year Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival10.10.2014
- Executives meet with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang23.09.2014
- IUCN workshop in Botswana: Focus on Biodiversity01.03.2012
- "Legacy of China" on China Central TV Channel 408.02.2012
- Dams and Grosjean Finish The Season On a High Note With a Tenth Podium!12.09.2011
- Roman Grosjean Champion with Dams!27.08.2011
- Dams and Romain Grosjean Start the Holiday Break on a High Note!02.08.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Make The Break!25.07.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Dominate!20.07.2011
- GP2 Main Series 2011 - Valencia, Race 227.06.2011
- Fantastic Fight Back by Romain Grosjean and Dams28.05.2011
- Dams and Grosjean finish the season on a high note with a tenth podium!20.03.2011
- Gala Dinner in Beijing Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations Between China and Switzerland14.08.2010