Mercuria Wins Commodity Deal of the Year 2014 for JP Morgan Physical Commodities Acquisition
The 2014 global Commodity Business Awards have been announced at a special ceremony at the Savoy Hotel, London. Hosted by Commodities Now magazine, the awards were presented by a variety of commodity market dignitaries and celebrated British comedian Alun Cochrane.
Commodity Deal of the Year 2014
Mercuria (J.P. Morgan Chase physical commodity business)
“Once again, we shine the spotlight on the talent, dedication and expertise driving commodity business into a new paradigm.” said Guy Isherwood, Awards Director and Publisher/Editor of Commodities Now magazine.
“We have entered a new era for natural resource markets ... throughout the complex discovery to delivery processes that make this ‘alternative asset class’ unique. With many commodity prices now at 5-year lows, the demands on the industry to cut costs, manage resources more efficiently and drive value have never been more acute.
“These awards recognise and reward talent and excellence throughout the commodity complex; to those companies making a significant impact on the way in which commodity business is conducted and recognising those institutions making a positive contribution to the development of markets, client responsibility, and investor satisfaction,” Isherwood added.
“Whilst there have been some bright spots, overall commodities have continued to underperform as an asset class. This year prices for iron ore, coal and oil have plummeted as current economic conditions remain too soft to support lasting tailwinds for prices. Commodity funds have been closed and many producers now face the prospect of producing below the cost curve.
“We also continue to strive to make sense of – and implement – the new regulatory and reporting requirements being demanded of our industry, as well as the increasing capital costs associated with activities. This paradigm shift in the roles and relationships between market participants has made this yet another transformative year for commodity markets.
“Governments, regulators, investors, speculators, traders, manufacturers, and consumers – all those with a stake in the commodity industry – rely on those organisations represented here today. They are the best-in-class of the commodity business community.
“Commodity Business remains critical to the world’s requirements to provide food, fuel, shelter and services to a burgeoning population. And the shifting patterns of commodity demand and supply continue to challenge participants as the structures and players in the commodity supply chain develop further,” Isherwood added.
More information on the two-stage process on: www.commoditybusinessawards.com
- Minerva Bunkering Joins Forces with Leading Organizations to Help Resolve Unprecedented Crew Change Crisis Caused by Covid-1926.01.2021
- Minerva Bunkering Partners with Emsengeni Primary School to Bring Educational Resources to Port Elizabeth04.12.2020
- Pin Oak Donates Computers to Local Students in Need Partnering With Comp-U-Dopt10.09.2020
- Mercuria Recognized by Swiss Embassy for its Apprenticeship Program for Veterans15.11.2019
- Mercuria Donates Funds and Supplies for Local Houston Back to School Drive29.08.2019
- Mercuria Energy Participates in Houston Veterans Job Fair08.08.2019
- Mercuria Joins U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross and Advisor to the President Ivanka Trump in Workforce Development Pledge13.06.2019
- Mercuria Named New Silk Road CEO of the Year for Energy Trading 25.09.2018
- Mercuria Brings American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions04.06.2018
- Mercuria and Employees Support Efforts of Grassroots Soccer23.05.2018
- Mercuria Employees Support Local Students17.05.2018
- Mercuria and Employees Support Efforts of buildOn12.12.2017
- Mercuria on the Swiss Responsible Business Initiative counter-proposal23.11.2017
- Graduates from Mercuria's Apprenticeship Program Join President Trump to Announce Workforce Development Initiative16.06.2017
- Mercuria Brings First American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions01.06.2017
- Mercuria Energy Marks 10 Years of Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival 04.11.2016
- Mercuria Signs Agreement with U.S. Department of Labor to Formalize American Apprenticeship Program20.06.2016
- Governor Abbott Announces Texas Apprenticeship Program01.02.2016
- Mercuria Energy Celebrates 2015 Beijing International Music Festival19.10.2015
- Mercuria to Bring Swiss-Style Apprenticeships to the United States28.07.2015
- Mercuria Wins Commodity Deal of the Year 2014 for JP Morgan Physical Commodities Acquisition09.12.2014
- Mercuria brings its support to fight Ebola in Senegal28.10.2014
- Mercuria Marks 8th Year Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival10.10.2014
- Executives meet with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang23.09.2014
- IUCN workshop in Botswana: Focus on Biodiversity01.03.2012
- "Legacy of China" on China Central TV Channel 408.02.2012
- Dams and Grosjean Finish The Season On a High Note With a Tenth Podium!12.09.2011
- Roman Grosjean Champion with Dams!27.08.2011
- Dams and Romain Grosjean Start the Holiday Break on a High Note!02.08.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Make The Break!25.07.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Dominate!20.07.2011
- GP2 Main Series 2011 - Valencia, Race 227.06.2011
- Fantastic Fight Back by Romain Grosjean and Dams28.05.2011
- Dams and Grosjean finish the season on a high note with a tenth podium!20.03.2011
- Gala Dinner in Beijing Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations Between China and Switzerland14.08.2010