Energy Transition Analyst - Intern
Founded in 2004, Mercuria has become a global energy and commodities trading company. Our core business is sourcing, supplying and trading crude oil and refined petroleum products. From these origins, we have expanded the portfolio to encompass petrochemicals, base metals, concentrates, biofuels, environmental products, natural gas and LNG, power, coal, iron ore and a range of other dry bulk commodities and agricultural products.
The group maintains sound infrastructure capabilities, including oil petroleum products storage terminals and production assets. These investments underpin the company’s growing presence as a major player in the global market.
The Mercuria network encompasses 38 offices in 27 countries and the Group employs more than 1000 people of 40 nationalities. We trade in more than 50 countries.
Recently, Mercuria has become one of the most active players in energy and renewable markets through investments in the energy transition.
As Mercuria understands the critical role renewable energy sources will play in the future, the Group has diversified its portfolio to focus more on these sources and targeting over 50% of its investments in the Energy Transition.
As part of the Energy Transition team, the successful candidate will a focus on investments and trading opportunities that help decarbonize emissions in all sectors.
This role will help assess potential target companies and their related markets in commercial/technical diligence. We expect the successful candidate to drive market studies assessing the market outlook, detailing competitive landscape and target company competitive positioning.
They will also be supporting the team to help maximize value of target companies/assets through synergies with Mercuria portfolio, analyzing value creation opportunities. As well as looking at new ways to apply knowledge of business principles and industry sector knowledge to develop actionable insights and providing recommendations.
- Strong organizational skills and an analytic mindset to study markets and market segments, develop frameworks and hypotheses, quantify strategic options, and assess their effectiveness;
- Expert communication and presentation skills. Ability to synthesize work into recommendations for the management and deliver presentations;
- Ability to explain complex issues and present them in a clear and concise manner;
- Intellectual curiosity, coupled with a drive to figure things out, get things done;
- Capability to solve problems, deadline oriented, positive minded;
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience working in Investment Bank, Private Equity or Management Consulting firms is preferable:
- A finance or engineering related university degree (Master, MBA, PhD) e.g business analytics, business administration, corporate finance is a plus.
- Corporate Finance (financial modeling);
- Quantitative Skills (pricing, hedging and simulations of complex products, transactions or assets);
- Coding Skills (Python, SQL), as well as familiarity with visualization frameworks would be an advantage.
- Senior Credit Analyst 06.05.2021
- Structured Trade Finance Manager 06.05.2021
- Middle Distillates Operator 06.05.2021
- Intern – Fuel Oil and Bunker Operations 30.04.2021
- LPG Operator 29.04.2021
- Middle Officer 29.04.2021
- Senior Contracts Operator 29.04.2021
- Internal Audit Data Science Intern 12.10.2021
- Energy Transition Analyst - Intern 11.10.2021
- Automation and Digitalization Intern 08.10.2021
- Controlling Intern 05.10.2021
- Carbon Intern 24.09.2021
- Finance Graduate 21.09.2021
- Middle Officer 13.09.2021
- Quantitative Strategist Intern 06.09.2021