Finance Middle Officer
Finance Middle Office
Finance Middle Office (FMO) combines all of Treasury’s, Structured Trade Finance’s, Trade Finance’s and Credit’s modelling, reporting, governance and related middle office functions under a single group. Thus, FMO supports those Finance teams by having streamlined reporting processes, by coordinating the related specific Finance IT developments and more generally by establishing an improved governance and risk management having a clear separation of duties in place between strategy & execution and reporting.
Finance Middle Office Asia
The Finance Middle Officer Asia will be the FMO representative for Mercuria’s Asian entities. He/she will ensure that global policies, workflows and standard procedures are designed and implemented taking local business requirements into account while ensuring once globally agreed, these policies, procedures and processes are applied and adhered to in Asia. Moreover, the FMO Asia will ensure that global FMO projects take Asian business requirements into account and systems are designed to cater the needs of the local Treasury, Structured Trade Finance, Trade Finance and Credit teams. He/she is also responsible for the local implementation of these projects, in particular for system developments and system changes.
The role will be accountable for the management of the credit risk for the bunkering and fuel oil portfolio. Specifically this will include:
- Improve existing controls process, i.e. review existing policies, workflows and standard procedures in the Trade Finance, Treasury and Credit department and implement new ones as necessary.
- Help to implement globally consistent processes and procedure and document differences where a consistent approach is not applicable.
- Perform Finance Middle Office reporting for Asia, in particular, book flat check and P/l reporting for Asian Treasury books, Insurance Turnover and RFP reporting for Minerva bunkering as well as Asian Bank utilisation reporting.
- Be point of contact in Asia for all system improvements/enhancements
- Take a lead on some of the projects that are already in the pipeline
- Run the established risk incident reporting process in Singapore
- Test system changes and system implementations in Asia
- Support bank KYC and bank account opening/closing of Asian entities by coordinating internal communication
- Take ownership of Mercuria’s Master / Reference Data for Asia
- Perform controlling function for Mercuria's loan receivable book for Asia
Technical qualifications and skills:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in treasury, trade finance or credit in the commodities industry
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Good facilitation and negotiation skills
- Able to communicate with all levels of business, build rapport and work closely with cross functional stakeholders
- Able to work independently and manage multiple and potentially conflicting priorities and tight deadlines.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with our internal and external counterparts and bank representatives
- Proactive approach and positive attitude
- Independent self-starter and multitasker
- Able to handle personal and sensitive information
- Must be a team player with collaborative style
- Dry Shipping Operator 25.11.2021
- Treasury Manager 25.11.2021
- Finance Middle Officer 25.11.2021
- Senior Clearing Analyst 12.11.2021
- Trade Finance and Structured Trade Finance Officer 12.11.2021
- Coal operator 12.11.2021
- Systems Engineer CTRM 12.11.2021
- Pricing Analyst 12.11.2021
- Senior Financial Accountant 12.11.2021
- Senior Credit Analyst 06.05.2021
- Middle Officer 29.04.2021
- Internal Audit Data Science Intern 12.10.2021
- Automation and Digitalization Intern 08.10.2021
- Middle Officer 13.09.2021