Middle Distillates Operator
SCOPE OF WORK
- Good knowledge of contractual terms (Commercial terms/Credit terms/Inco terms/Shipping terms/Legal clauses).
- Analyze/check/comparing purchase & sales contracts and to advise contract teams on what needs to be amended/rejected/inserted/deleted in a timely manner.
- Highlight to traders on terms that are ambiguous, illogical and impossible to perform or are to the disadvantage of the company.
Execution of Contracts/Operations
- Taking responsibility for timely and accurate execution of contractual terms & options.
- Knowledge of required quality specifications and comparison of specifications purchase vs. sale.
- Checking of quality analysis vs. contractual requirements.
- Knowledge of additives doping and blending.
- Identify quality differences, positive or negative.
- Ensure receipt and/or passing of timely and accurate nominations, laycans declaration/agreements/instructions.
- Suggest and discuss with traders on optimization of the contract position.
- Knowledge of Charter-Party terms.
- Coordinate timing of ETA between C/P and commercial contract and optimization of timing. Ensure vessel meets loading and discharge laycans.
- Knowledge, optimization and approximate calculation of demurrage costs.
- Establishing optimal quantity to be loaded, within the contractual quantity operational tolerance, hedging and price, c/p terms & Stowage plan from Master to meet both load port and discharge port restrictions.
- Experienced in handling multiple loading/discharging and STS operations.
- Experienced in handling storage.
- Apart from middle distillates, this operator will also need to assist in crude operations. Experience in handling heated crude and high free water is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Bill of Lading terms, Insurance terms, Customs documentations in particular and other Shipping documents in general.
- Issue documentary instructions, inspection order, voyage order, discharge order, custom invoice and LOI.
- Update shipment spreadsheet and storage inventory in a timely manner.
- Ensure neat and proper filing with clear identification and in a timely manner.
- Cross-check shipping documents against LC and documentary instructions and request amendments, where necessary.
- Knowledge of credit tools (Doc L/C vs. SBL/C vs. Pre-payment vs. open account)
- Understanding of L/C terms and UCP of Letters of Credit.
- Understanding on when financing/LC top-up is required will be an advantage.
- In –house coordination and with counterparts to ensure L/C is fully negotiable.
- Input of Shipment details in a timely manner.
- Manage cost provisions with direct impact into P&L.
- Price calculation, vouching and coordinating with back office in a timely manner.
- Receive/check/dispatching of Shipping documents in a timely manner.
- Establishing of insurance claims and coordination with Insurance Department.
- Manage receivables and payables like secondary cost.
DESIRED CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Minimum Degree Holder.
- A further professional qualification may be helpful but not essential.
- Pleasant personality with the ability to build up cordial relationship among different departments and offices to enable efficient and effective communication and co-ordination is essential.
- Dynamic and able to work under stress.
- Adhere to company’s defined procedures, compliance and contribution to its improvement on a continued basis.
- Pro-active in problems solving together with the team.
- Strong team spirit.
- Flexible, being able to adapt to different scenarios.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer oriented and mind-set.
- Good spoken and written English and Mandarin.
- Computer skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint and other MS office programs experience and knowledge).
- Senior Credit Analyst 06.05.2021
- Structured Trade Finance Manager 06.05.2021
- Middle Distillates Operator 06.05.2021
- Intern – Fuel Oil and Bunker Operations 30.04.2021
- LPG Operator 29.04.2021
- Middle Officer 29.04.2021
- Senior Contracts Operator 29.04.2021