Middle Officer (Power)
Working as part of the Asia Middle Office team, responsible for position reporting, pricing and adherence with trading limits and more.
This position is based in Melbourne, Australia
- Production of a daily PnL and Risk reports for the trading desks (predominantly for focusing on Australia Power, but providing coverage for a range of desks across the commodity spectrum), be able to produce a breakdown and explain key drivers.
- Production of weekly management reporting on all portfolios with concise communication on changes to the risk profiles within the books
- Development of detailed physical asset reporting, and performance metrics.
- Development of non-linear risk reporting for option portfolios
- IPV on prices, and volatility
- Improvements to enhanced reporting platform and risk decomposition.
- Key point of contact for communicating changes to risk profile to management with clear narrative as to subsequent changes to risk profile and commercial understanding as to reasons for positions, with a key focus on power trading activities.
- Support with complex trade booking
- Good understanding of financial derivatives including options and option sensitivities
- Frequent and daily interaction with traders to understand core positions and trading rationale.
- Implement new controls: liaise with Tech team to improve and enhance processes.
- Development of enhanced reporting platform.
Technical qualifications and skills:
- 5 years’+ work-based Middle Office/Product Control/Risk Management experience in a similar role in an Energy/Commodities trading environment is preferred
- Technically competent with ETRM systems and tools; specifically, Endur/ICTS.
- Advanced Excel skills, VBA SQL, Python preferred. Data visualization experience, Tableau/Dash
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-starter, organized and autonomous.
- Process improvement mindset.
- Fluent English, speaking and writing.
- Passionate about risk and processes, capable of working with the business lines to embed risk awareness and culture into everyday processes