Senior Credit Analyst
The trading business within the energy industry is fast paced and constantly evolving. To ensure that we fully understand and manage the financial risks of this dynamic business the credit department is an essential team within Mercuria whose role it is to identify structure, manage and mitigate credit risk. To meet this purpose it is imperative that we have an in-depth understanding of the counterparties that we are trading, work with the traders to structure deals to maximize the risk versus reward balance and in the event of a credit event, minimize the actual losses incurred.
The scope of the role will primarily cover the credit portfolio for the bunkering and fuel oil trading activity in Asia. Management of the portfolio includes collaborating with the traders and the broader finance organization and to maintain strong relationships externally with the counterparties.
The role will require strong leadership qualities and interpersonal skills to be able to operate in a dynamic trading environment.
The role will be accountable for the management of the credit risk for the bunkering and fuel oil portfolio. Specifically this will include:
- Support KYC onboarding and credit assessment of counterparties within the portfolio.
- Conduct regular credit reviews for all counterparties in the portfolio, and assign credit ratings and limits to each counterparty
- Manage and maintain the respective credit insurance policies.
- Maintain relationships with key counterparties and financial institutions.
- Monitor and track global / industry credit events affecting our businesses.
- Provide credit advisory support to the Front Office traders on daily business activities.
- Monitor portfolio credit exposures and daily credit risk reporting and mitigation including limit monitoring, breach escalation and margining.
- Act as a key member of the global credit team.
- Operate within the Group Credit Policy and Operating Procedures.
- Involvement in key credit projects or activities on behalf of the credit function as required.
- 4 to 7 years’ experience in finance and/or credit department in commodities industry, particularly with experience in reviewing bunker/fuel oil counterparts
- Good understanding of the Bunker and Fuel Oil industry
- Good knowledge of credit risk management and control concepts
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Good facilitation and negotiation skills
- Able to communicate with all levels of business, build rapport and work closely with cross functional stakeholders
- Able to work independently and manage multiple and potentially conflicting priorities and tight deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with our internal and external counterparties
- Proactive approach and positive attitude
- Independent self-starter
- Willingness to learn new skills
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.Apply now
- Senior Credit Analyst 06.05.2021
- Structured Trade Finance Manager 06.05.2021
- Middle Distillates Operator 06.05.2021
- Intern – Fuel Oil and Bunker Operations 30.04.2021
- LPG Operator 29.04.2021
- Middle Officer 29.04.2021
- Senior Contracts Operator 29.04.2021