Senior Financial Accountant
This position is responsible to perform the monthly management and statutory reporting for the Asia legal entities, ensuring financial compliance with group and local policies and procedures, as well as laws and regulations. The role is required to liaise closely with middle office, operations and group accounting to ensure the reporting deadlines are met.
Your Roles and Responsibilities
- Reconciliation of trading vs. accounting P&L;
- Responsible for preparation of monthly financial reports
- Prepare statutory accounts and other reporting financial statements;
- Ensure the local compliance reports (incl. direct taxes) are accurate and submitted on time.
- Ensure internal controls on closing activities are efficiently and regularly applied;
- Handle Surveys (e.g. GTP)
- Year end audit and statutory filing requirements. Ensure compliance with relevant accounting standards and statutory filing requirements;
- Perform financial performance variance analysis, comparison between prior year and current year actuals.
- Drive process improvements opportunities within Finance and cross support functions and participate in ad-hoc projects;
The suitable candidate will have:
- Degree in Accounting / Finance, CA or ACCA
- Qualified Accountant with professional membership
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience in preferably commodity trading field with Big 4 audit experience during early years.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, including IFRS and statutory accounting
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Exhibits a strong work ethic and accountability to deadlines
- Able to plan, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Tenacious and resilient – deals effectively with pressure
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - able to build good working relationships across different countries
- Pro-active attitude, self-starter and able to work on multiple assignments independently.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Fluent in English and any other language
- SAP experience, preferably S4 hana will be a plus
- Dry Shipping Operator 25.11.2021
- Treasury Manager 25.11.2021
- Finance Middle Officer 25.11.2021
- Senior Clearing Analyst 12.11.2021
- Trade Finance and Structured Trade Finance Officer 12.11.2021
- Coal operator 12.11.2021
- Systems Engineer CTRM 12.11.2021
- Pricing Analyst 12.11.2021
- Senior Financial Accountant 12.11.2021
- Senior Credit Analyst 06.05.2021
- Middle Officer 29.04.2021
- Internal Audit Data Science Intern 12.10.2021
- Automation and Digitalization Intern 08.10.2021
- Middle Officer 13.09.2021