Systems Engineer CTRM
Mercuria is a major player in the Physical and Financial Global Commodity markets, with major trading centres in London, Geneva, Houston, Singapore, Shanghai and Beijing. We actively trade in all the major commodity asset classes, from Crude and Refined oil products, to power & gas, coal and emissions, through to freight, metals, and agricultural products.
We operate a global diversified technology team across key hubs such as Geneva, London, Houston and Singapore, while operating in close partnership with some strategic co-development centres in Bucharest, Bangalore and Hyderabad. All running an Agile delivery model in unison with our business partners to deliver multi-asset-class commodity systems, with a focus on automation, user experience, innovation and control.
This is a great opportunity to join one of the largest integrated energy and commodity trading companies in the world.
We are looking for a hands-on senior technologist with exposure in the Commodities industry who is passionate about technology and has experience supporting enterprise-wide systems.
The successful candidate is adept at partnering with end-users to log issues, analyse issues, provide tactical/strategical solutions and ultimately deliver tangible business value & benefit.
This role will report into the Global Head of Application Support working on different business systems critical for the trading life cycle.
- Support of Commodity Trading and risk applications for Intraday and End of day activities.
- Support of all modules of CTRM system and upstream/downstream interfaces.
- Support in-house developed systems to interface different systems.
- Take appropriate actions to ensure that time-critical batch steps run. This may involve root cause analysis of issues and taking appropriate corrective actions (fixing curves, excluding deals/portfolios etc.).
- Monitor applications availability and report issues pro-actively.
- Communicate with clients/vendors as required: inform/chase for incident progress, notify them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Good organizational skills in managing issues, projects and communicating to the stake holders.
- Fast turnaround of client requests
- Log and prioritize tickets in the ServiceNow.
- Work with the Service Desk to ensure requests are routed to appropriate resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently
- Escalate service requests that require 3rd level support.
- Improve client service, perception, and satisfaction.
- 10 years of work experience in IT industry.
- Minimum 6 years of working experience in energy trading domain supporting CTRM systems.
- Must have knowledge of commodity trading and trade life cycle (Physical & Financial) in some or all commodities Crude, Oil products, Agriculture, Metals, Coal, Bunkering…etc.,.
- Must have strong knowledge of Amphora Symphony/ICTS system.
- Knowledge of Openlink ENDUR CTRM systems is advantage.
- Good experience with CTRM Application support including upstream/Midstream/downstream systems.
(E.g. Understands business workflow, trade life cycle and operations)
- Knowledge of working with Web Application servers like WildFly/JBOSS.
- Programming skills using JAVA or .Net or any programming language.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues related to programs in Java, .Net or any other programming language.
- Must have very strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server programming skills to adapt queries and stored procedures.
- Deployment, configuration and testing of applications.
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communication skills to interact with various stakeholders both internal and external.
- Ability to work under intense pressure and manage/prioritize multiple requests/projects independently.
- Analytical and critical thinking with ability to problem solve complex issues.
- Self-motivated, able to multitask and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work with geographically distributed team.
- Adapt to changes quickly and communicate effectively.
- Flexible to work shift patterns on ROTA.
- Should be able to support team members in different geographical regions.
- Motivated and willing to learn and work on different systems 3rd party and in-house developed
- Dry Shipping Operator 25.11.2021
- Treasury Manager 25.11.2021
- Finance Middle Officer 25.11.2021
- Senior Clearing Analyst 12.11.2021
- Trade Finance and Structured Trade Finance Officer 12.11.2021
- Coal operator 12.11.2021
- Systems Engineer CTRM 12.11.2021
- Pricing Analyst 12.11.2021
- Senior Financial Accountant 12.11.2021
- Senior Credit Analyst 06.05.2021
- Middle Officer 29.04.2021
- Internal Audit Data Science Intern 12.10.2021
- Automation and Digitalization Intern 08.10.2021
- Middle Officer 13.09.2021